The office of Procurement and Contracts is committed to:
- Providing the best service possible to the university community while expediting the procurement of goods and services
- Authorizing contracts on any commodity/service being purchased by Mississippi State University
- Securing competitive quotes and bids to obtain maximum value from the expenditures of university funds
- Coordinating the procurement of goods and services for academic, administrative, and research departments of the university
- Ensuring compliance with state laws, state regulations, and university policy
- Maintaining professionalism by Procurement and Contracts personnel
- Maintaining reputable relations with vendors that service the university
- Developing new sources of supplies and equipment to assure university departments have an adequate number of vendors from which to obtain supplies, equipment, and services
- Abiding by the National Association of Educational Procurement's code of ethics.
- For a quick overview of purchasing guidelines, go here.