The Procurement & Contracts Department of Mississippi State University is the purchasing agency of the University. Greater efficiency, both in terms of economy to the Univerisity and service to the departments, is achieved through specialization of purchasing. The purpose of Procurement and Contracts, therefore, is to procure quality supplies and equipment as economically and conveniently as possible.
In the interest of serving the University, its alumni, and the community, Procurement & Contracts, in conducting business and discharging its responsibilities, is guided by three primary objectives:
- Purchases are to be made in consideration of the objectives and policies of the University, as well as the particular requirements and objectives of the departments.
- Maximum, ultimate value for each dollar of the expenditure must be obtained.
- Qualified, competitive bidders must be given equal consideration and opportunity to bid on the University's requirements.
Please use the links below to access more detailed information on the following topics.
- Procurement Card
- Purchase Orders
- State Contracts
- Environmental Purchasing Guide
- Information Related to IT Procurement
- iPad Use and Restriction Guidelines
- Fleet Management Guidelines
- Gift Card Guidelines
Official Policy Statement
Procurement and Contracts has the sole authority to order supplies, materials, and equipment, and to obligate the University for contractual services with the exception of books purchased by the Library. The University will assume only those obligations evidenced by a previously issued and duly authorized purchase order or a purchase properly made using a duly authorized Procurement Card.